When the sun shines or it rains - the exciting and the boring of my life.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tis Chick Season

Photobucket

Photobucket
       My Americana hen's chicks have hatched Light Brahma/Americana and Delaware/Light Brahma. So far she has three but a couple more are pecking. There was some question as to whether the Americana cock we had fathered the chicks but they all have feathers on there legs, so I guess not.The Sumatra/Barred Rock chicks are growing very fast. I think most of them are probably purebred Sumatras. They are from a top show line. On a upsetting note something killed my female turkey last night so the search is on for another female heritage breed turkey
Photobucket
 Sumatra chick foraging
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
.

No comments:

Post a Comment