When the sun shines or it rains - the exciting and the boring of my life.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

The First Shearing

Photobucket

As some of you may know, I shear sheep kind of as a side job my dad has been shearing sheep since I have three. I had gone with him since than. Starting by trimming hooves when I was about 11 and shearing my first sheep when I was 14. The one time I got a chance to shear as many as I could in a day I did 32 which is far from what the real pros do. I can usually shear a sheep in about seven minutes. I did my first job of the year last as usual I was sore the day after even though it was just two sheep. .I hopefully will be shearing twice this coming week
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


It was a very busy week here at the farm. We have a new Lamancha buckling from great lines. We drove 4 hours today round trip to pick up three female heritage breed turkeys pictures to come as I get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment